HARRATON COURT STABLES LIMITED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Harraton Court Stables Limited (“the Club”) is a racing and breeding club which confers on its Members (for the duration of their membership of the Club) certain benefits associated with the Club’s ownership of racehorses.
- The benefits of membership include the following:-
(a) An involvement in the racing and training of the Club’s horses (in accordance with Clause 5 below)
(b) Special free and discounted rates for hospitality and entry at race meetings where the Club has a runner (see Clause 5 below)
(c) Regular information received via email or through the Club’s Website providing information on the progress in the training of the Club’s horse(s) (see Clause 5 below)
(d) Special discounted renewal of membership terms (see Clause 5 below).
- (a) Membership runs to the end of a 12 month period from the date when a
Member joins the Club and payment is received.
(b) An applicant for membership of the Club is entitled to cancel the application within fourteen (14) days of the application being accepted. An application to cancel membership shall be made via email to [email protected].
- The cost of membership in 2022 is available on our buy shares page (inclusive of VAT) irrespective of the date when the relevant Member joins and will entitle the Member to 12 months membership.
- Each Member shall be entitled, upon the expiry of that Member’s annual membership, to allow his/her membership to lapse or alternatively to renew. In the event of renewal, there will be a loyalty discount deducted from the cost of membership renewal. The amount of this discount will be decided by the Club from time to time.
- (a) The Club will organise Club mornings, organised stable visits, mornings on the gallops etc (with refreshments at regular intervals.) (Information concerning such Club mornings will be available from the Club’s website, which website will also give Members information on the progress of each horse in training and of each horse owned by the Club. Members who provide email details to the Club will also receive regular email updates on the progress of the horses.
(b) At meetings where the Club has a runner or runners, complimentary badges will be made available to Members by ballot. No Member who has benefitted from such a ballot on one occasion shall benefit on a subsequent occasion unless and until all Members have benefitted from a ballot. Where free badges cannot be procured for Members on a given race day, the Management of the Club will endeavour to obtain entrance on discounted terms for those to whom a free badge is not allocated.
(c) The Club will maintain a website containing information which will be regularly updated, with the intention of keeping Members informed with up to date training information, the trainer’s opinions and views on a horse’s prospects. Members may also receive direct information and should treat this information as confidential as it is imparted to them specifically in their capacity as Club Members.
- Members are reminded that membership of the Club confers upon them an interest in the activities of the Club which does not amount to racehorse ownership. The horses which are trained and raced for the Club will at all times remain the property (whether leasehold or freehold) of the Club, and the Members will acquire no ownership stake in them. All management decisions relating the Club will be made by the Club’s management and Members will have no management powers or role.
- Membership is strictly non-transferable and is personal to each Member. In the event of a Member’s death, membership lapses automatically. In no circumstances may a Member give, sell, transfer or lend his/her membership or offer such membership as security or put his/her membership to any commercial use. Members are advised that participation in this horseracing venture is not an investment and is to be engaged upon purely for the purposes of enjoyment and entertainment.
- All printed or published material issued by the Club is material in which all copyright and other intellectual property rights and interests remain vested in the Club. Specifically, but without limitation, the name “Harraton Court Stables Limited” and the Club logo are the Club’s property and are registered trademarks.
- No person may apply for membership unless at least 18 years of age and the membership for any person who, having joined the Club, is found to be less than 18 years of age will be terminated immediately without refund.
- The Club intends to become a member of the Racing Syndicates and Clubs Association (RSACA) which is a body of industry professionals working closely with the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) and it adheres to rules and guidelines of fair trading with the aim of giving confidence to participants in racing syndicates and clubs with regard to standards of business.
- VAT payable by Club members on their subscription will not be recoverable. However, the Club will be able to recover its VAT costs associated with the purchase, sale, racing and training of its horses and its ability to make this recovery plays an important part in keeping the costs to Members as low as possible.
- (a) The object of the Club each year is to have one or more horses in its ownership. Maintaining a particular number of horses will not always be possible. If the management of the Club is of the opinion at any time that there are insufficient Members to fund the Club’s activities at a level consistent with its objectives then the Management reserves the right not to proceed with the intended horse racing activities of the Club for the relevant year and upon exercising this right, to refund to all those who have paid a subscription the full amount of that subscription without interest;
(b) There may be an opportunity from time to time for the member to join another Club with different horses.
- (a) For the purposes of its business, the Club will inevitably hold and process (and will need to hold and process) data relating to its clients. Each Member of the Club specifically consents to the Club possessing and using such data PROVIDED THAT such data is used only in a manner and for purposes which are consistent with and proportionate to the purposes for which such data was put into the Club’s possession. The Club undertakes that it will not put such data to any use which does not satisfy the requirements of relevance, necessity and/or proportionality. The Club further undertakes that it will comply with any reasonable requirement from a Member of the Club (or a former Member) to delete personal data relating to that person PROVIDED THAT such deletion is or has become legally necessary and/or the deletion would not defeat the legitimate purposes for which the data was provided and for which it is legitimately required.